Google Home is enhancing lives and making basic, everyday task management fun and easy. Voice command shopping lists, calendar management, and the occasional, complicated math equation are some of the most common uses. In addition to being a helpful tool, your Google Home device can also be a source of entertainment and make you giggle a little. You’ve no doubt heard of people inciting some funny interactions their devices by asking non-traditional questions or requesting un-deliverable commands. There are hidden jokes, responses, and features that have been programmed and tucked away in the technology. They’re referred to as easter eggs. We scoured the web and wanted to compile and share a family-friendly list. These Google Home easter eggs will keep your family entertained ongoing if you haven’t already tried them.
The Basics You May Have Already Tried
Here are a few basic commands, that most have heard of, but are classics. If you haven’t asked these questions, you should. They’re tried and true, and we couldn’t compile this list without a kind of ‘best of’ compilation and starter pack.
- Tell me a joke.
- Sing me a song.
- Can you beatbox?
- Surprise me.
- Is your refrigerator running?
- Why is six afraid of seven?
- Do you have hair?
- What’s that smell?
- Where’s Waldo?
- Tag, you’re it.
It’s All Fun & Games
When you have friends over and need a little something to change things up, consider gaming with Google Home easter eggs. It can be a great source of group entertainment, and will at least put a smile on their faces. Yes, there will be winners, and there might be losers, but the prize is always the funny bone.
- Google, let’s Mad Libs.
- Spin the wheel.
- Want to play Blackjack?
- Ok, Google, let’s try never have I ever.
- Play Hangman with me?
- Flip a coin.
- Rock, paper, scissors.
- Tic, tac, toe with me?
- Hey Google, pick a card.
- Test my friends’ trivia.
Sometimes, talking to the robot can feel like strangers on a first date, but getting to know each other can certainly break the ice with the relationship. How well do you know your Google Home device? Here are a few easter eggs you can ask yours to foster a true friendship.
- So, how do you like your coffee?
- Who’s your favorite superhero?
- Star Trek or Star Wars?
- Are you friends with Siri?
- Feel free to ask me a question.
- Do you have feelings?
- Do you believe in life after love?
- What makes you happy?
- Do you have a favorite ice cream?
- What’s your favorite animal?
Pop Culture Fun
See what your Google Home device knows about all things pop culture, music, and entertainment. You might be surprised at how many song lyrics are in the vocabulary, or how many famous movie lines can be recited. Sometimes the answers are headline and tabloid-worthy.
- Google, winter is coming. (Game of Thrones reference)
- Do you speak Klingon? (Star Trek reference)
- Up, up, down, down, left, right, B, A (Nintendo hack reference)
- Beam me up, Scotty. (Star Trek reference)
- Do my milkshakes bring the boys to the yard? (Kelis reference)
- Show me the money. (Jerry McGwire reference)
- Google, can you tell me what you want, what you really, really want. (Spice Girls reference)
- Tell me who lives in a pineapple under the sea? (Spongebob reference)
- Party on, Wayne. (Wayne’s World reference)
- What is love? (Haddaway reference)
Command of the Room
Get your Google Home to work for you and authorize these fun commands. You might not actually get anything done, and there’s no guarantee your device will perform any of them, but you can revel in the responses nonetheless.
- Ok Google, bark like a dog. (Or quack like a duck)
- Clean my room!
- Complement me!
- Make me a sandwich!
- Do the dishes please.
- Say the alphabet backward.
- Read a poem.
- Give me a hug.
- Tell me something new.
- Pick a number between x and y.
Someone Has to Have All the Answers, Right?
Sometimes, the most fun can be had by simply conceiving and asking random questions. You might learn something new, or at worst, crack a smile with the comedic responses with these easter eggs.
- Ok Google, did you hear that?
- Do I look fat?
- Did you fart?
- How many licks does it actually take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
- How much actual wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- Can you spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?
- What easter eggs do you have?
- OK Google, What’s the magic word?
- What sound does a unicorn make?
- Trick or Treat?
Some of the most well-known memes and life’s burning questions can translate to Google Home easter eggs. Here are a few you may recognize. Your life just might be fulfilled with the answers.
- Where is Chuck Norris?
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
- How is the raven like a writing desk?
- Who is the fairest of them all?
- Who would win in a fight, Superman and Batman?
- Google, Who let the dogs out?
- Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
- What is the longest word you know?
- What is the meaning of life?
- The chicken or the egg, which came first?
The Egg That Keeps on Easter-ing
Sometimes, you can make random suggestions to interact with your Google Home device for hours on end. For example, “Ok Google, crystal ball” as a command will launch a fun, magic eight ball engagement in which the device will answer randomly to yes and no questions. You can also try “Ok Google, mystery sounds” as a request. Your device will then play a series of random sounds that you will have to decipher. You can even play “song pop” upon command and listen to snippets of random songs for you and your family to guess.
We hope you enjoy this fun compilation of Google Home easter eggs. It’s nice to know there’s more to voice devices than shopping lists. For ideas on creating and living your most Helpful Home, contact us today!